Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Women Only Events

Harley has recently come out with a new program known as the Garage Party. It is encouraging all of its dealerships to participate, in the hopes of further educating women about motorcycles and the motorcycle industry.

This week, I wanted to know if any of you have participated in any of these events! You can reply using the "comment" feature and share your experience - did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it to others? What was the best part? Was there anything that could be improved? Does anyone know if any metric dealerships have the same sorts of programs, like Honda or Kawasaki? Do you feel encouraged at the thought of going to an event just for women, or do you find it unappealing to segregate by gender?

Let us all know so your fellow Lady Riders can decide if it's something they'd like to do, too! If you haven't gone, let us know your impressions of these kinds of events - would you want to go to one? Share your opinions with us!

2 comments:

cherade said...

I went on a ride this weekend with the guys from my work. I was riding a Harley Road King. One other girl was on a Fat Boy. All the other ladies were riding on the back of their husbands bike. With the exception of one lady in this group of 20 couples, most the women were in such poor physical condition that they could never ride a bike of their own. It was very sad for me to see. I am no spring chicken (47 years old). Girls half my age couldn't even hike through the woods. I say it is time to empower women by physical fitness. I hated gym in high school... the only thing that stands between me and a high school diploma is 4 gym classes and an algebra class. I would have been voted least likely to be a fitness instructor. My mother died at 49 (2 years older than I am right now). I am in the best physical shape of my life! That is why I can ride a Road King. And... I look hot! You should see the guys when I pull up to a stop light or a gas station. They totally freak! Working out is the key. I would love to help anyone who is interested. I used to smoke and drink to excess. (Ok, I still like to drink). But now, I am a lean mean muscle machine that can ride a Road King. You can too if you want it bad enough.

Anonymous said...

Good words.